Attracts thousands of visitors over 5 days
Highlight of the event was the launch of Vedanta Aluminium Park at Jharsuguda
Bhubaneswar: Vedanta Aluminium, India’s largest producer of aluminium,hosted thousands of visitors at its stall in Make In Odisha 2022, the five-day flagship investment conclave by the Government of Odisha. Themed on ‘nurturing the art of the past to investing in the metal of the future’, the stall brought together science, art and technology in a vibrant display of the company’s manufacturing excellence.
From dignitaries of the state to industry leaders, working professionals, students, customers, business partners, and general public, visitors thronged to experience the ‘World of Aluminium’ through:
· A fun ‘Science of Aluminium’ installation which showcased the lifecycle of aluminium from the bauxite ore to alumina to aluminium to end products, with actual samples for people to touch and experience– a major attraction for school and college students
· A showcase of the company’s formidable product range in aluminium – one of the largest in the world
· A live art & handicrafts set up where Saura artists and bamboo weavers fostered by the company demonstrated their skills
· A virtual reality (VR) centre where visitors could experience the workings of the Nand Ghar project, which is Vedanta’s flagship women & child development project to modernise aangawadis across India
· An augmented reality (AR) Chroma set up for people to take away mementoes of their visit to the stall
The highlight of the conclave was the virtual inauguration of the Vedanta Aluminium Park, to be developed near its mega Aluminium Smelter(one of the world’s largest) at Jharsuguda, by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik in the presence of Shri Anil Agarwal, Chairman – Vedanta, and Shri Rahul Sharma, CEO – Vedanta Aluminium.Vedanta Aluminium Parkis a symbol of the company’s continued commitment to boost the competitive edge of Indian Aluminium industry, making quality, reliability and sustainability the hallmarks of Made in India aluminium products. The park will be a world-class industrial facility where companies can set up their manufacturing units and draw hot metal (molten aluminium) from Vedanta’s aluminium smelter to manufacture their products.
Mr. Rahul Sharma, CEO – Vedanta Aluminium, said, “We were delighted to be a part of yet another successful edition of the vibrant Make in Odisha conclave. This edition will be memorable, as we add one more milestone in our continued partnership with the state, through the inauguration of the Vedanta Aluminium Park. We take this moment to thank the Hon’ble CM, Shri. Naveen Patnaik, his able government, our customers and partners, well-wishers,and all stakeholders for standing by us through our journey of progress, with Odisha and its people.”
Vedanta Aluminium, a business of Vedanta Limited, is India’s largest producer of aluminium, manufacturing more than half of India’s aluminium i.e., 2.26 million tonnes in FY22. It is a leader in value-added aluminium products that find critical applications in core industries. Vedanta Aluminium ranks 4th in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) 2021 world rankings for the aluminium industry, a reflection of its sustainable development practices. With its world-class aluminium smelters, alumina refinery and power plants in India, the company fulfils its mission of spurring emerging applications of aluminium as the ‘Metal of the Future’ for a greener tomorrow.